In these days we are living in online social media world and we have several applications to connect with online friends like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Wechat, LinkedIn, Gmail, Pinterest, Skype etc the list is increasing day by day. Our whole day passed by very quickly because we are busy replying to friends, updating status, uploading new photos and videos, rolling the news feed and checking the notifications. These things fully captured our mind so that we can not go out even one kilometer without our phone. If mistakenly we go then we become upset and our mind just can not concentrate on anything except on our phone. Everyone facing this problem because people who are doing jobs can not concentrate on their work properly and students not able to concentrate on their studies, players spent more time on video games and not on outdoor games etc. Our mind is suffering from concentration problem brutally. Event if some people are not so phone addicted still their mind is not as peaceful as they want because they struggling with some other problems in their life. peace of mind is a necessary thing in our life so that we can give our 100% result in our respective field. To give our mind a little peace we should start doing meditation.
Meditation is the practice of turning your attention to a single point of reference. It can involve focusing on breadth, on bodily sensations, or on a word or phrase known as mantra. In other words, meditation means turning your attention away from distracting thoughts and focusing on the present moment.
HOW TO DO MEDITATION–
- Meditation is deceptively simple.
- Pick a comfortable and quiet place where nobody can disturb you not even your phone.
- Sit in a upright position on floor.
- Start notice your breathing, notice where it goes, when it enters or leaves your body.
- If mind goes away then bring it back to breathing.
- Continue this for minimum 10-15 minutes daily if you are a beginner.
- Meditation has a positive effect on our mood and emotions and reduces the pain of stress and upsets of our daily life.
- It also increase the feeling of well-being and happiness in ourselves.
- It makes your body calm, more relaxed and less stressed.
- Meditation of 20 minutes a day can reduce your blood pressure, lower heart rate and more deeper and calmer breathing which leads to more oxygen in your body so that our brain can function well.
- It also helps us to control our anger and control our stress hormones so that we will not overreact any situation.
- Long term meditation can also boost your immune system so that it can fight strongly with viruses and bacteria to protect our body from diseases.
- It also increases grey matter in our brain which in turn increases our memory and learning ability.
- It is also helpful in stopping or slowing obsessive thinking, anxiety and depression.